Cajun Chicken Wings
2 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 28 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds Chicken wings, tips removed
- 3/4 cup Plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (Tabasco or your favorite)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cajun seasoning (available at most markets or MAKE YOUR OWN)
- Oil (for frying)
1. In a bowl, mix together yogurt, hot sauce and garlic. Add chicken and marinade in the refrigerator 2 hours (overnight O.K.)
2. After the 2 hour marinade, mix together flour and Cajun seasonings in a separate bowl. Remove chicken from the marinade and coat evenly in the flour mixture.
3. In a wok or deep fryer, heat oil to 370 degrees F.
4. Use enough oil to cover 4 to 5 chicken wings at a time. Deep fry wings for approximately 8 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Drain on a paper towel (do not cover). Serve hot.
NOTES: For those that print the recipe, this note is a repeat of instructions given in the introduction above (which will not print if you only print the recipe).
The marinade in step #1 adds flavor but if you are in a hurry you can cut the time for the marinade but give it at least 30 minutes. Also, if you are not a fan of spicy food, you can reduce or eliminate the hot sauce (Tabasco) in the recipe. While Cajun food is often spicy it is not all spicy. If you eliminate or reduce the hot sauce, replace it with 1/2 cup water in the marinade.