Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 27 minutes
Total time: 47 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 lb. margarine
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- One 10 oz. can chopped tomatoes or 4-5 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 12 oz. catfish fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
2. Add garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking another 2 minutes while stirring.
3. Add tomatoes and catfish. Break up catfish into chunks with a wooden spoon. Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve over rice. Sprinkle top with freshly chopped green onion tops or parsley (optional). Serve hot with HUSHPUPPIES and COLE SLAW.