These light, fluffy biscuits just may be the perfect biscuits. Our only caution is that you should break open one biscuit when finished cooking to make sure the inside is done. They tend to be very moist inside even when the tops are golden brown.
Creamy Biscuits Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (more or less) heavy cream (whipping cream)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Do not grease or spray the baking sheet.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
4. Add heavy cream slowly while stirring with a wooden spoon.
5. Continue adding cream and stirring until dough forms a ball and pulls away from sides of bowl. You may need more or less cream than listed in the ingredients. The dough should be tacky to the touch but not shiny and sticky. If too dry, add more cream. It too wet add more flour.
6. Turn out the dough on a flat, floured surface.
7. Gently, press the dough flat and fold it over on itself. Do this 3 or 4 times then form into a smooth ball. Do not kneed. Roll the dough out to 1 inch thickness.
8. Cut out biscuits with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Dip the cutter in flour to prevent sticking and push straight down and back up. Do not twist the biscuit cutter (after pushing down, slide your hand sideways to free the dough).
9. Place biscuits on the baking sheet with sides just barely touching.
10. Use your thumb to make a small depression (dimple) in the top center of each biscuit.
11. Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
12. Note: Because these biscuits are so moist inside, they may require extended baking time. Break open one biscuit and if too moist, reduce heat and continue cooking.