July 15, 2014
This cool, refreshing treat is easy to make and ideal for a hot summer day. Or...anytime at all. Taste for sweetness after step 2 and adjust as necessary before step 3.
Yield: 2 quarts
- Medium sized watermelon (about 4 lb), cut from rind, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cut the melon into 1 inch chunks.
2. Puree in a food processor or blender with all the other ingredients.
4. To serve, pour into food processor and pulse until a slush is formed. Serve immediately.