Yield: 4-6 waffles
- 1 ans 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 3/4 cup milk (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 Teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Pre-heat waffle iron
2. Mix all ingredients except egg whites. Adjust amount of milk if necessary to obtain a batter with the consistency of thick syrup
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
4. Gently fold beaten egg whites into Bisquick mixture.
5. Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter onto center of hot, lightly greased waffle iron.
6. Bake until steam stops coming from sides of waffle iron. Remove waffle carefully.
7. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and fruit of your choice.
NOTE: The amount of batter used per waffle will depend on the size of your waffle iron. If you are using a small or unusually large iron you will need to vary the amount of batter used.
NOTE #2: Watching for the steam to stop in order to determine if the waffle is done does not work with all irons. Try to avoid peeking but with a new waffle iron or one you are not familiar with...you may need to peek.