Well, it's almost game time. Do you have your menu all planned out? The convenient and expensive way is to buy pizza and party trays from the local market. But for a special super bowl party, make all your treats yourself at home. We have assembled a few recipes below that will make your party extra special. You may want to make a few or all of the items listed.
As an alternative to making many dishes, you can make a one dish meal which you can keep simmering on the stove for hours and...everyone will love it. Try our SAN FRANCISCO CIOPPINO RECIPE
Deviled (stuffed) Eggs
* 6 eggs, hard boiled
* 1 tablespoon mustard
* 1 to 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
(adjust as needed - see directions)
* 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
* 1/4 cup FINELY chopped celery (optional)
* 1/4 tablespoon salt (adjust to taste)
* 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 and 1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish, all liquid pressed out (optional)
* Dash paprika
1. Cook eggs per instructions below (How to Make Perfect Boiled Eggs)
2. Allow eggs to cool. Peel eggs then slice boiled eggs lengthwise
2. Carefully remove yokes from eggs into a mixing bowl. Set egg halves (white shells) aside.
4. Add all remaining ingredients, except paprika, to egg yolks and mash into a paste with a fork
Note: Add mayonnaise 1 tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want. You may need more or less mayo.
5. Gently, stuff the egg white half's with the egg yolk mixture
6. Shake a light dusting of paprika on the top of the stuffed eggs
Makes 12 stuffed eggs
Oven BBQ Ribs
* pork baby back ribs (as many as you want to cook)
* large white onions (one onion per rack of ribs)
* 2-liter bottle Canada Dry Ginger Ale or 7-Up (enough to cover ribs)
* your favorite BBQ sauce (or make your own with THIS RECIPE
1. Place ribs (bone side down) in shallow baking pan(s)
2. Add ginger ale or 7-Up until ribs are completely submerged
3. Cut onions in semi-thick (about 1/4 inch) slices.
4. Place onions directly on ribs (one onion per rack)
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours
6. Cool to room temperature (still covered)
7. Place ribs on medium-high grill and cook until meat easily pulls off bone
8. Add bbq sauce to taste.
Note: Just grill ribs bone side down, do not turn over. The ribs will be fall-off-the-bone tender.
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup butter (softened)
* 1 cup corn syrup
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 3 eggs
* 1 to 1 1/2 cups pecans
* 1 - 9-inch deep dish pie shell (unbaked) PIE CRUST RECIPE
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream (mix) the sugar and butter well in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Add syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix again.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each.
5. Stir in pecans (save a few to place on top of pie after cooking).
6. Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
7. Bake in preheated oven until top is brown and pie set (about 45 minutes).
Toothpick stuck in center of pie should come out almost dry.
* 20 chicken wings, tips removed
* vegetable oil (enough to cover chicken in oil while frying)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp. paprika
* 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup Hot Sauce (Tabasco or your favorite)
* 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
* 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in small bowl.
2. Wash wings and leave damp.
3. Place wings in a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing generously.
4. Refrigerate wings for one hour.
5. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat.
6. Heat, stirring often, until the butter is melted and the spices are well-blended.
7. Deep-fry chicken, 8-10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes or until some of the wing edges begin to turn dark brown.
8. Remove wings and place on paper towels to drain oil.
9. Place the wings in a large bowl. Add the hot sauce (from step 6) and stir, coating all of the wings evenly.
Good served hot or cold.
Spicy Chicken Bites
* 3 pounds boned chicken breasts
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt (or 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
* 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* Vegetable oil, as needed
1. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces.
2. Sprinkle garlic salt (or salt and garlic powder) freely over chicken.
3. Sprinkle with red pepper and black pepper. Place in refrigerator for one hour.
4. Dust chicken with flour, then deep fry in vegetable oil at 375 degrees F for 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Serve hot or cold.
* 3 ripe avocados (peeled and mashed)
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tomato (finely chopped)
* 2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
* 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
* 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
Combine avocados, lemon juice and tomato and mix thoroughly. Blend remaining ingredients in separate bowl then fold in avocado mix. Chill for 1/2 hour before serving.
Makes about 4 cups.