Stuffed (Deviled) Eggs Recipe
July 12, 2014
There are many ways to make deviled (stuffed) eggs and everyone seems to have their own favorite recipe. Here's our favorite.
If you like spicy food, try substituting chopped hot garlic dill pickles for the relish (RECIPE). This was a big hit at our house. Betcha can't eat just one.
Deviled (stuffed) Eggs
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 to 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup FINELY chopped celery
- 1/4 tablespoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish, all liquid pressed out (or 1/4 cup diced dill pickle)
- Dash paprika
1. Place eggs in a sauce pan and cover eggs with 2 inches of COLD water. Do not stack eggs.
2. Bring water to a rolling boil
3. Turn off heat and cover pot with a tight lid.
4. Allow eggs to sit undisturbed (12 min for medium size eggs, 17 min for large eggs, 19 min for jumbo).
5. Remove eggs from hot water and place in a deep bowl of cold water to cool.
6. When eggs are cool enough to handle, peel eggs then slice lengthwise.
7. Carefully remove yokes from eggs into a mixing bowl. Set egg halves (egg whites) aside.
8. Add all remaining ingredients, except paprika, to egg yolks and mash into a paste with a fork. When adding mayonnaise, add 1 tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want. You may need more or less mayonnaise than the recipe calls for.
9. Gently, stuff the egg white half's with the egg yolk mixture.
10. Shake a light dusting of paprika on the top of the stuffed eggs. Refrigerate if not eaten within 30 minutes.