Marinated Steak Recipe
July 12, 2014
We all like those tender, juicy, expensive steaks but who can afford them regularly? Here's how to buy cheaper cuts and still have them as tender as expensive steaks.
The solution is a simple technique that has been around forever...marinade! Marinading meat not only tenderizes it, it also adds a lot of flavor.
2 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 20 mins
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 pound of flank, London Broil or chuck steak
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Using a sharp knife, score steak in a criss-cross pattern on both sides.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a shallow dish and mix well. Pour mix into a sealable plastic bag.
3. Place steak in the bag with marinade, mix and toss to cover steak on all sides with marinade.
4. Place the bag in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours, turning occasionally (overnight is better).
5. Grill or broil steak to your choice of rare, medium or well done. Cooking time will vary by the thickness of the steak but, in general, cook about 5 minutes per side for medium. Internal temperature should register 140 to 150 degrees F. on a meat thermometer.