Spicy Garlic Siracha Shrimp Recipe
July 12, 2014
Siracha sauce has become very popular lately and here is a Siracha treatment for garlic shrimp that is so simple that even new cooks can make it in 10 minutes.
Many people believe Siracha sauce is from the Orient. Actually, it's made in California. Who would have thunk it?
Spicy Garlic Siracha Shrimp
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons Siracha sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- sea salt, to taste
1. Place butter and Siracha sauce in a large non-stick skellet on Medium-Low heat, stir until butter is melted. Add garlic.
2. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is almost done (shrimp turns pink and assumes a shape like the letter "C").
3. Add lemon zest, mint and basil leaves. Gently toss to coat shrimp in herbs. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately.