Yield: 4-6 servings
- 4 cups instant grits, cooked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup jalapeno peppers, minced
- 7 extra large shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1/3 cup green onion tops, minced
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook grits according to package instructions
3. Combine cooked grits and all remaining ingredients (except shrimp and green onions) in a bowl. Mix well.
4. Pour into a casserole dish and bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Add shrimp to top of casserole and bake for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove one shrimp and taste to determine that it is cooked through to your preference. If not, bake casserole another 5 minutes.
7. Remove casserole from oven and scatter minced green onions over top of casserole and serve.
NOTE: You may substitute a small can (4 oz.) green chili's for the jalapeno peppers if you want to tone down the heat. Canned chili's come in mild, medium and hot. Use the appropriate can for the degree of heat you want in your final dish. You can also substitute fresh Anaheim peppers for a milder flavor.