Old West Cole Slaw Recipe
July 12, 2014
This slaw is a little tart, due to the buttermilk and the vinegar. If you prefer a sweet slaw, add an additional tablespoon of sugar. Just taste as you go and make adjustments according to your taste.
Old West Cole Slaw
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 pound cabbage, shredded (about 4-5 cups)
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill seed or ground dill weed
1. Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally (overnight O.K.).
3. Before serving, pour off excess liquid.