Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
July 7, 2016
Can't get your littlt ones to eat their spinach? This shrimp fettuccine with spinach and Parmesan cheese is always a big hit with the little ones.
You can substitute any pasta you like for the fettuccine. Also, any size shrimp works, even cocktail shrimp. But most people seem to prefer medium to large shrimp.
This very simple recipe has few ingredients but is big on flavor and...it only takes minutes to make.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, leaving out any salt or oil.
2. Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Remove garlic from skillet and set aside.
4. Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir and cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done.
5. Add pasta, spinach and garlic to skillet, cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing to coat.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.