Occasionally, we come across a recipe that simply always comes out good, even when we get a little careless with the measurements. This is one of those recipes. Use this sauce on rice, stir fry, steaks or vegetables.
Total time: 25 mins
Yield: 3 cups
o 1/2 cup soy sauce
o 2 cups water
o 1 teaspoon ground ginger
o 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
o 1/2 cup brown sugar
o 2 tablespoon honey
o 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
o 1/4 cup cold water
1. Combine the first six ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a slow boil while stirring constantly.
2. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water (in a cup). Add the mixture to the sauce in the sauce pan.
3. While stirring constantly, heat until desired thickness is obtained.
4. If you get it too thick, add water to thin. If not thick enough add more cornstarch/water mix (the sauce should not be very thick, it should resemble a thin syrup consistency).
5. Remove sauce from the heat and pour into a sealable container (jar) and store in the refrigerator.