This is a slightly sweet, fiery hot sauce. If you want to tone it down a little remove the seeds from the peppers. Feel free to experiment with ingredient quantities to tailor to your taste.
PINEAPPLE HOT SAUCE
Total time: 40 mins
Yield: 2-3 cups
o 4 habanero peppers, stems removed, coarsely chopped
o 1 cup jalapeno peppers, stems removed, coarsely chopped
o 1 cup pineapple (fresh is best but canned may be used)
o 1/2 cup papayas or mango, coarsely chopped
o 1 onion, coarsely chopped
o 1/2 cup white vinegar
o 1/2 cup water
o 1/3 tablespoon salt (preferably sea salt)
o 2 full garlic heads (not cloves, full garlic heads)
o 1/4 cup honey
1. Place all ingredients, except habaneros, in a large stainless steel or glass cooking pot.
2. Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the habaneros and continue cooking on low to medium heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Place mixture in blender and blend until smooth, but still a little chunky. Use "pulse" of blender in short burst and watch consistency closely. Do not over blend!
5. Place in jar, seal and keep in the refrigerator up to 6 months.