If you love bacon you will love this bacon-loaded salad dressing. Watch your guests expression when you serve this on a Caesar salad instead of traditional Caesar salad dressing. Be sure to let the dressing thicken a little in step 5.
BACON SALAD DRESSING
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 18 min
Total time: 33 mins
Yield: 4 servings
o 3 cups water
o 1-1/2 cups sugar
o 3/4 cup white vinegar
o 1/4 teaspoon salt
o 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
o 1/4 lb. bacon (6-7 strips), chopped
o 1/2 cup chopped onion
o 1/2 cup flour
1. Combine water, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling.
2. In a separate pan, brown bacon. Add bacon to water mixture (from step 1).
3. Fry onions in bacon fat until tender.
4. Make a roux by adding flour, stir and let it bubble up to 2-3 minutes.
5. Add this roux to the hot water mixture. Stir until smooth. Simmer 5 minutes.