Sage Roasted Potatoes Recipe
This recipe presents a pleasant change from French fries and is much healthier. Just a little sage, salt and pepper is all you need. So simple but very tasty.
Goes well with any meat main course, especially roast beef. Any type potatoes may be used but red and Golden Yukon work well.
Sage Roasted Potatoes
1 hour 5 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 2-3 pounds potatoes (Yukon Gold or red potatoes recommended)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh sage (use dried if fresh unavailable)
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. If using Yukon Gold or red potatoes, wash the potatoes and leave the skin on. If using russet potatoes, peel skin.
3. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges or 1 inch cubes. Place potatoes on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
4. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and toss to coat.
5. Sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper (start with 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper)
6. Toss to cover potatoes evenly with sage, salt and pepper
7. Bake potatoes, turning occasionally, until tender and evenly browned, about 45 minutes.