Pumpkin Pie Recipe
By K. Miller,
Here's a tip about this recipe: if you like sweet potato pie, just substitute a 15 oz can of sweet potato pie filling for the the pumpkin filling...and you have a sweet potato pie. All the other ingredients and procedures are exactly the same
1 hour 5 minutes
1 hour 25 mins
Yield: 2 nine inch pies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz (8 tablespoons) butter (softened)
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin pie filling (about 1 and 3/4 cups)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (do not substitute regular milk-it will not set properly)
- 2 nine inch uncooked pie shells (not deep dish)
1. Mix sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl
2. Beat eggs in a separate bowl, add vanilla and butter, mix well.
3. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients while stirring.
4. Add pumpkin pie filling to mix and stir.
5. Add evaporated milk. Mix well.
6. Pour mixture into pie shell(s).
7. Bake in pre-heated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes
8. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 40-50 minutes or when a toothpick stuck into center of pie comes out dry.
9. Cool pie 1 hour before cutting. Top with whipped cream and cherries or pecans if desired. Refrigerate left-over but do not freeze.
The last few minutes of baking, watch pie closely. If crust of pie shell begins to burn, cover with aluminum foil for the remainder of baking time.