YOU ARE HERE:
POTATO PATTIES RECIPE
Potato Patties Recipe
These potato patties are a great way to use left over mashed potatoes. Or you can cook up a new batch of boiled potatoes.
With soft insides and a fried potato-like crust, potato patties make a great side dish for any entree.
3 pounds potatoes, peeled (about 6-8 medium potatoes)
1/2 onion, peeled
1 egg, beaten
1 cup pancake mix (or 6 tablespoons all purpose flour)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or as needed
1. Chop potatoes and onion into small chunks.
2. In a food processor grate potatoes and onion medium fine.
3. Combine all ingredients except vegetable oil in a bowl and mix well.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
5. Drop large spoonfuls of potato mix into hot oil and flatten slightly with back of a spoon. Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
6. You can substitute 2 cups left over mashed potatoes for the fresh potatoes, grate the onions alone in step 2 and continue with step 3 adding the mashed potatoes.
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE
COUNTRY MAC AND CHEESE
CHECK OUR GARDENING SITE
MISC. & HOLIDAY RECIPES