Potato Patties Recipe
June 23, 2012
These potato patties are a great way to use left over mashed potatoes. Or you can cook up a new batch of boiled potatoes.
With soft insides and a fried potato-like crust, potato patties make a great side dish for any entree.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled (about 6-8 medium potatoes)
- 1/2 onion, peeled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup pancake mix (or 6 tablespoons all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or as needed
1. Chop potatoes and onion into small chunks.
2. In a food processor grate potatoes and onion medium fine.
3. Combine all ingredients except vegetable oil in a bowl and mix well.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
5. Drop large spoonfuls of potato mix into hot oil and flatten slightly with back of a spoon. Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
6. You can substitute 2 cups left over mashed potatoes for the fresh potatoes, grate the onions alone in step 2 and continue with step 3 adding the mashed potatoes.