Potato Bites Recipe
By K. Miller,
Roasted potatoes with a salt and vinegar tanginess. Easy to make and ideal as an appetizer or side dish.
We use rice vinegar because it is the mildest. Do not use other vinegars since they can be overpowering (we tried it and could not eat the potatoes).
Salt And Vinegar Potato Bites
1 hour 25 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 medium red or yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup rice vinegar, divided
- salt, as needed
1. Soak potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Cut potatoes into bite sized chunks
4. Toss potatoes with oil on a baking sheet, spread in a single layer.
5. Roast potatoes 45 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning 2 or 3 times as needed.
6. Bring vinegar to just under a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Do not bring to a full boil.
7. Lightly drizzle a light coating of rice vinegar over the hot potatoes (just a teaspoon or two). Serve the remaining vinegar on the side at the table for dipping.
8. Sprinkle potatoes with salt to taste and serve hot.