Fried Pork Chops Recipe
June 8, 2009
We use Panko bread crumbs made by Kikkoman for the breading mix. It is available in the baking/cake or oriental section of most supermarkets. You can use other dried bread crumbs if Panko is unavailable.
Boneless, thin cut chops are suggested but use bone-in if you prefer them. Serve with black eyed peas, collard greens, fresh radish and green onions for a real Southern meal.
Fried Pork Chops
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 thick cut or 8 thin cut Pork Chops (Allow one large or two small chops per person)
- Cooking oil (enough to submerge half the thickness of chops in oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs ("Panko")
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg and milk. Beat lightly to mix well.
2. Combine cornmeal, bread crumbs, salt and pepper on a flat plate.
3. Heat cooking oil in large frying pan over medium heat
4. While oil heats, dip chops in egg/milk bath, drain excess then dredge in the cornmeal mix, turning over several times to coat both sides.
5. Place breaded chops in hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides (about 10 minutes).