Southern Pecan Pie Recipe
May 11, 2009
An old Southern favorite, Pecan Pie is always sure to please. Some serve it with ice cream and although this may not be the traditional Southern way, they do go together very well.
Even novice cooks can succeed with this easy recipe. The only caution in the recipe is to be sure to mix the ingredients well or the pie may not set.
Southern Pecan Pie
1 hour 5 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (unbaked) store bought or homemade Pie Crust Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream (mix) the sugar and butter well in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Add syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix again.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each.
5. Stir in pecans (save a few to place on top of pie after cooking).
6. Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
7. Bake in preheated oven until top is brown and pie set (about 45 minutes). Toothpick stuck in center of pie should come out dry.
8. Tips: Be sure to mix ingredients well. Otherwise the pie may not set up.
9. You can use chopped or whole pecans for the filling but whole pecans on top of the pie are more eye appealing.
10. Store in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave about 15 sec. before serving.