Crock Pot Orange Sesame Ribs Recipe
May 12, 2009
Like most slow cooker recipes these ribs take hours to cook but the tenderness of the ribs is worth the wait. Put the ribs in the crock pot in the morning and come home to a dinner of "falling off the bone" tender ribs.
This is a delightful Oriental treatment of an old Southern favorite.
Crock Pot Orange Sasame Ribs
8 hours 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 2-3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- non-stick cooking spray (as needed)
- 1 ten oz. jar orange marmalade
- one 7 oz. jar hoisin sauce (available in the oriental section of markets)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (also in oriental section)
1. Trim fat from ribs.
2. Lightly spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat. Brown ribs on all sides in skillet. Pour off fat.
3. Place ribs in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker (crock pot).
4. In a medium bowl, stir together marmalade, hoisin sauce, garlic and sesame oil.
5. Pour sauce mixture over ribs in the slow cooker. Stir to coat ribs on all sides with sauce.
6. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 hours (or cook on high setting for 4-5 hours). Ribs are done when cooked through and super tender.
7. Transfer ribs to a serving platter. Skim any fat from surface of sauce and serve sauce over ribs and on the side for those that want to add more.