This classic ham omelet is ideal for breakfast, lunch, brunch or even as a night time snack. Most hams purchased today are already cooked but if your's is not, be sure to pre-cook before adding to the omelet.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 18 mins
Yield: 2 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of white pepper (black pepper may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoon water or milk
- 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil (canola, corn or peanut)
- 2-4 tablespoons of finely minced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
1. Combine the eggs, salt, pepper and water (or milk). Beat until light and frothy.
2. Place cooking oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, pour in the egg mixture.
4. Don't touch until eggs begin to set (solid and firm around edges). Reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Carefully lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked liquid eggs to run underneath.
6. Continue until omelet is set with no more liquid eggs in the center.
7. Spread cooked ham and parsley over one side of the omelet.
8. Lift the other side of the omelet with a spatula and fold over the ham.