Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 18 mins
Yield: 1 large omelet
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon water or milk (cream may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (peanut, canola or corn)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of white pepper (black pepper may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup young asparagus tips
1. Cook the asparagus tips in boiling water until tender (about 5 min). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Combine the eggs, water (or milk), salt and pepper and beat with a whisk or fork until light and frothy.
3. Add the cooking oil to a non-stick frying pan (10 inch) and heat on medium-high.
4. When oil is very hot, pour in the egg mixture.
5. Do not touch until eggs begin to set (firm and dry around the edges).
6. As soon as eggs begin to set, reduce heat to medium and lift the edges away from the pan while tilting the pan to allow the uncooked egg to reach the pan.
7. When the omelet is completely set (no liquid, uncooked egg in the center) place the cooked asparagus tips on one side of the omelet.
8. Use a spatula to lift the other side and fold over the top of the asparagus.