No Zucchini Zucchini Bread Recipe
This recipe was created as a result of having left over Thanksgiving dinner ingredients. We found that substituting pumpkin pie filling and berries makes a very zucchini bread-like dessert that is pretty good. But...without any zucchini.
No Zucchini Zucchini Bread
1 hour 20 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup cranberries (pre-cooked) or canned whole berry cranberry sauce.
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- water, as needed
1. If you are using fresh cranberries, cook first according to package instructions.
2. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
3. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
4. In a medium size bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Add oil and vanilla and mix well.
5. In a separate large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Add egg mixture to flour mix and stir until well blended.
7. At this point, you may need to add enough water to obtain a batter. Should look like pancake batter.
8. Pour mixture equally into prepared loaf pans.
9. Bake about 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into top of loaf comes out dry.