Jalapeno Lime Chicken Recipe
February 12, 2016
A little spicy, a little lime tang and a crunchy crust, this delightful Jalapeno Lime Chicken recipe will have everyone asking for more. The recipe may be cooked in the oven or on the outdoor grill.
A very different treatment for roasted or grilled chicken. The marinade imparts a sweet, mildly spicy flavor.
Jalapeno Lime Chicken
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup orange juice (frozen O.K.)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced (leave seeds in for more spicy)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1. Make the basting mix by combine all the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl.
2. Pour half of the mix in a 1 gallon size freezer bag, then place the chicken in the bag. Seal and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Cover the remainder of the basting mix and place in the refrigerator.
4. If using a grill: place the chicken on the grill on medium heat. Cook both sides until golden brown, basting often with the reserved marinade (about 6 minutes per side). Do not use the marinade that was in the plastic bag with the chicken, discard it.
5. If cooking in the oven: place chicken in a roasting pan lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
6. Cook in pre-heated 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes, basting often with the reserved marinade, or until chicken is cooked through.