2 hours 10 minutes
2 hours 30 mins
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 ea. 14 1/2 oz. can tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesans cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles (pre-cooked)
1. In a large skillet on medium heat, brown ground meat, onion and garlic.
2. Add salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice; stirring until well mixed.
3. Cover and simmer 1 hour (watch to ensure that the mix does not get too dry. Add water if needed).
4. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
5. Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan or oven safe dish with cooking spray.
6. In a bowl. combine ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 lb of mozzarella cheese; In the pan (from step 5), layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat layers. End the last, top layer with noodles. Sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese making sure to cover noodles completely.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 375 F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.
8. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before serving.