Irish Stew Recipe
This is an old recipe for Irish Stew. Perfect for your St. Patrick's Day dinner. If you are not fond of lamb you can substitute beef...but don't tell your Irish friends.
2 hours 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 lbs lamb, shoulder chops, breast
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 4 carrots
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Water or broth as needed to cover stew
1. Arrange lamb in alternating layers with potatoes, onions and carrots in a large stew pot.
2. Add the seasonings and just cover with water or broth.
3. Cover pot and simmer on top of stove for 1-2 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Taste for seasoning and add if needed. Serve hot.