Ice Cream Pie Recipe
May 12, 2009
This ice cream pie is one of our favorite dessert recipes. It takes a long time to make but most of that time is just waiting for the pie to freeze. The actual making of the pie is not difficult.
Ice Cream Pie
3 hours 20 minutes
0 hours 0 mins
3 hours 20 mins
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 pint whipped cream or desert topping (Dream Whip)
1. Use a large spoon to scoop 1 pint ice cream into thin slices, and spread on bottom of pie crust. Smooth with back of spoon.
2. Spread 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping over ice cream.
3. Freeze pie until solid. (may take an hour or more)
4. Remove frozen pie from freezer and top with another 1/2 pint ice cream.
5. Spread 1/2 cup fudge topping over ice cream.
6. Freeze pie again until solid.
7. Remove frozen pie and top with final 1/2 pint ice cream. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons each caramel and fudge topping over pie.
8. Freeze pie until solid.
9. Prepare whipped cream or Dream Whip (beat to soft peaks) and spread around edge of pie.
10. Freeze until ready to serve.