These Cajun spicy hot wings are a big hit at any party. Very easy to make and most of the time required to make them is the marinating procedure.
Start with any amount of wings you want but make the full marinade recipe as needed.
Cajun Spicy Hot Wings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
Yield: 12 servings
- up to 3 pounds chicken wings
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil (you can use any mild flavor vegetable oil)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper (you can substitute red pepper flakes)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- FOR THE BASTING MIX:
- reserved marinade (see instructions step 2)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Wash chicken wings and pat dry. Cut wing tips off at the joint and discard.
2. In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Reserve 1/3 of the marinade and set aside.
3. Pour the marinade (not the reserved marinade) in a large, sealable plastic bag and add the chicken wings. Shake to coat the wings thoroughly. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
4. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and place a wire rack in the bottom of the pan.
6. Remove the wings from the marinade and place the chicken wings on the wire rack in the roasting pan. Discard the marinade (do not reuse).
7. Make the basting mix by pouring the saved marinade (from step 2) into a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Heat the mix while stirring, just until the honey is dissolved (do not boil).
8. Bake the chicken wings for 50 to 60 minutes, turning about halfway through, and basting occasionally with the basting mix (from step 7).
9. Serve hot or cold. Refrigerate any left over wings within one hour of cooking.