Throwing a Halloween party? If your party is for kids or adults, both will love these scary dishes. For the adults we include an alcohol "slimy cocktail". And, for the kids there are Halloween sweets and pizza.
Creepy Crawler Pie
* 1 ready made chocolate cookie pie crust
* 1/4 gal. orange sherbet
* 3/4 cup chocolate sauce (ice cream topping)
* 10 gummy worms
1. Soften sherbet slightly and spoon into pie shell.
2. Drizzle with chocolate sauce to form "spider web" design.
3. Freeze for exactly one hour.
4. Decorate top of pie with gummy worms.
Scary Face Pizza
For each pizza:
* 1/2 English Muffin
* 1 Tablespoon pizza sauce
* 1 Tablespoon mozzarella cheese
* 2 olives
* pepperoni slices, as needed
* 1 mushroom
* tomato wedges, as needed
* bell pepper cut into strips, as needed
* onion slices, as needed
1. On each half of a muffin, cover with pizza sauce and cheese.
2. Cover muffin with pepperoni slices, then make a face on the muffin by using olives for eyes, tomato wedges for mouth, mushroom for nose, pepper and onion for scary hair.
3. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
For each serving:
* 3/4 cup chocolate pudding
* 1/4 cup chocolate pie crust crumbs
* 2-4 gummy worms
1. Layer 3/4 cup of chocolate pudding into desert dish.
2. Top with 1/4 cup of chocolate pie crust crumbs.
3. Half bury 3 or 4 gummy worms in the chocolate pie crust crumbs, with a portion hanging out over the side of the dish.
Eye Ball Pudding
For each serving:
* 1 cup vanilla pudding (pre-made or cook your own from "instant")
* 2 Green Grapes
* 2 Chocolate Chips
1. Make eyeballs by pressing 1 chocolate chip, pointed side down, into each grape.
2. Position 2 eyeballs (grapes) into the pudding so the pupil is facing up.
* 48 ounces cranberry juice
* 12 ounces pineapple juice
* 8 ounces orange juice
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 sticks cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients, except cinnamon sticks, in a large bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. (you may not be able to dissolve all the sugar - don't worry, proceed to next step).
2. Using a 10 cup or larger coffee maker, pour juice mixture into where you would normally pour water to make coffee.
3. Place cinnamon sticks in the coffee maker brewer basket where coffee grounds would normally go.
4. Run the juice through the coffee maker as though you were making coffee.
Serve in mugs.
Slimy Cocktail (Grown Up's Drink)
makes 3 cocktails
* 1 cup green lime sorbet
* 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup pineapple juice
* 5 oz vodka
* 3 lime wedges for garnish
1. Place all ingredients (except lime wedges) in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges.