YOU ARE HERE:
FRIED CORN RECIPE
Tired of boiled corn? Why not try fried corn. This recipe is best made with fresh corn when available. However, you can use frozen, canned whole kernel or creamed corn if fresh is unavailable.
6 ears fresh corn, shucked (canned or frozen if fresh unavailable)
2 slices thick slab bacon
2 Tablespoons butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Remove corn from cobs by using a corn grater or knife, and mash the whole kernels a little with a fork. For convenience you can just use a can or two of creamed corn.
2. Slice bacon into 1-inch pieces. Cook bacon until brown in a large skillet. Leave bacon grease in skillet.
3. Add butter to bacon and stir until melted.
4. Over medium-high heat, pour in the corn. Fry in the grease and butter mixture for 2 minutes.
5. Lower the temperature and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Simmer until corn is done, 10 to 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste. If corn seems too dry, add a little milk or water.
Share on Facebook
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE