YOU ARE HERE:
FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
This classic French toast recipe is a breakfast favorite that is fast and easy to make. An ideal change of pace from bacon and eggs.
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
6 thick slices of French or white bread
Optional toppings: maple syrup, berries, butter
1. Put flour in a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
2. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated.
3. Preheat large skillet or grill on medium heat.
4. Cook bread on each side until golden brown (about 5 min.)
5. Top with your favorite toppings and serve hot.
Share on Facebook
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE
COUNTRY MAC AND CHEESE
MISC. & HOLIDAY RECIPES