French Toast Recipe
This classic French toast recipe is a breakfast favorite that is fast and easy to make. An ideal change of pace from bacon and eggs.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 thick slices of French or white bread
- Optional toppings: maple syrup, berries, butter
1. Put flour in a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
2. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated.
3. Preheat large skillet or grill on medium heat.
4. Cook bread on each side until golden brown (about 5 min.)
5. Top with your favorite toppings and serve hot.