July 22, 2014
This recipe makes a dish with slight, but noticeable spiciness. You can easily adjust the degree of spiciness you like by simply adding or reducing the amount of crushed red pepper flakes in the recipe.
Crock-Pot Red Pepper Chicken
6 hours 15 minutes
6 hours 35 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 whole chicken, cut-up
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup beer, optional
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the chicken in a Crock-Pot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 hours.
3. Combine mushroom soup with cream cheese, beer, crushed red pepper and onion in a saucepan. Heat and stir until smooth.
4. Pour over chicken in Crock-Pot. Cover and cook an additional 30-45 minutes on low.