YOU ARE HERE:
CROCKPOT SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE
Straight from the bayou, this yummy Crock-Pot shrimp creole recipe will have you making this dish often. May be divided into serving portions and frozen for instant meals later.
Crock-Pot Shrimp Creole
9 hours 3 minutes
9 hours 28 mins
2 tablespoons margarine
1/3 cup onions, chopped
2 tablespoons buttermilk biscuit baking mix (Bisquick or your favorite)
1 1/2 cup water
1 can (6 oz. size) tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup celery -- chopped
1/2 cup green pepper -- chopped
2 pounds frozen shrimp, thawed, shelled and cleaned
cooked rice, as needed
1. In a skillet, melt butter, add onion and cook slightly (about 2-3 minutes).
2. Add biscuit mix and stir until well blended.
3. Remove from heat and place mixture in Crock-Pot.
4. Add remaining ingredients
in Crock-Pot; stir well.
5. Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
6. The last half hour of cook time turn crockpot to high setting and add shrimp
7. Remove bay leaf and serve immediately over hot fluffy rice.
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE
MISC. & HOLIDAY RECIPES