July 22, 2014
Straight from the bayou, this yummy Crock-Pot shrimp creole recipe will have you making this dish often. May be divided into serving portions and frozen for instant meals later.
Crock-Pot Shrimp Creole
9 hours 3 minutes
9 hours 28 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk biscuit baking mix (Bisquick or your favorite)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 oz. size) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup celery -- chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper -- chopped
- 2 pounds frozen shrimp, thawed, shelled and cleaned
- cooked rice, as needed
1. In a skillet, melt butter, add onion and cook slightly (about 2-3 minutes).
2. Add biscuit mix and stir until well blended.
3. Remove from heat and place mixture in Crock-Pot.
4. Add remaining ingredients except shrimp in Crock-Pot; stir well.
5. Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
6. The last half hour of cook time turn crockpot to high setting and add shrimp
7. Remove bay leaf and serve immediately over hot fluffy rice.