July 22, 2014
It seems that many people have never tried ribs cooked with sauerkraut. Perhaps it is a regional thing, popular in select areas?
Whatever, it is a very tasty combination, especially cooked in a slow cooker. The slow cooking results in the meat of the ribs to be "falling off the bone tender". Yum!
Slow Cooker Ribs And Sauerkraut
4 hours 5 minutes
4 hours 10 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 rack country-style pork spare ribs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- vegetable oil (Canola), as needed for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can shredded sauerkraut
1. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add ribs and brown. Just brown the outside, you are not cooking the ribs (about 4-5 minutes).
3. Add garlic the last minute of browning the ribs and mix well.
4. Transfer the ribs and garlic to a Crock-Pot. Add salt, pepper and sauerkraut.
5. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours, or until ribs are done and tender. If the sauerkraut doesn't have much liquid, add about 1/2 cup water or as needed.