July 22, 2014
This simple Crock-Pot red cabbage recipe combines the contrasting flavors of sweet and tart. Yummy.
Be sure to use cider (or rice) vinegar, not regular vinegar which is a little too overpowering for this recipe
Crock-Pot Red Cabbage
8 hours 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large head of red cabbage, washed and coarsely sliced
- 2 medium onions coarsely chopped
- 6 tart apples, cored and quartered
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp bacon grease or butter
1. Place all ingredients in the Crock-Pot.
2. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until cabbage is tender (or High for 3 hours). Stir well before serving.