July 22, 2014
I remember this scalloped potatoes and chicken dish from my childhood. My mom made it often but we did not have a Crock-Pot so she cooked it in the oven and I loved it. As good as that was this recipe can be made even better using a Crock-Pot without the drying effect of an oven.
Note that you may need to adjust the amount of ingredients according to the size of your slow cooker. This recipe uses a 6 quart size.
Crock-Pot Potatoes And Chicken
5 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 50 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or your favorite, legs, etc.)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cup diced Velveeta Light cheese
- 7 medium potatoes, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of celery soup
- 1 soup can milk
- salt to taste
1. Place layers of bell peppers, onion, cheese, and potatoes in Crock-Pot.
2. Sprinkle salt over chicken breasts and lay on top of potatoes.
3. Pour cream of celery soup in Crock-Pot then fill the empty soup can with milk and pour over chicken. Push the chicken down into the liquid.
4. Cover Crock-Pot and cook on high 1-1/2 hours.
5. Reduce temperature to low and cook 2 to 4 more hours or until potatoes are soft and cooked through.