July 22, 2014
Very easy recipe with a hint of sweet apple flavor.
As the recipe says, the roast is placed under the broiler first to brown and remove excess fat. Be sure to watch the roast while under the broiler. It only takes a few minutes and if not careful the roast will burn quickly.
Crock-Pot Pork Roast
10 hours 15 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 to 4 lb. pork loin roast
- 6 apples
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub roast with salt and pepper.
2. Brown pork roast under broiler to remove excess fat; drain well. Watch roast the entire time it is under the broiler.
3. Core and quarter apples. Place apple quarters in bottom of Crock-Pot. Place roast on top of apples.
4. Combine apple juice, brown sugar, and ginger in a small bowl. Spoon over top surface of roast, moistening well.
5. Cover Crock-Pot and cook on Low for 8-10 hours, or until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste the last half hour of cooking.