July 22, 2014
One of the best advantages of cooking with a Crock-Pot is it's ability to tenderize meat. The long, slow cooking can tenderize the toughest, cheapest cut of meat.
This recipe uses cube steaks but you can substitute any cut you prefer and count on excellent results.
Crock-Pot Mushroom Steak
8 hours 10 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 cube steaks
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- 2 packages of low sodium brown gravy mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (fresh or can, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except the steak and mushrooms. Mix well
2. Layer the cubed steak and mixed ingredients (from step 1) in the Crock-Pot. Spread mushrooms over the top.
3. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.