YOU ARE HERE:
CROCKPOT LASAGNA RECIPE
Who doesn't love lasagna with it's cheesy pasta filling? Prepare this crock pot lasagna in the morning and let it do all the work while you go about your day.
And...a good day it will be looking forward to this hearty dish awaiting.
7 hours 20 minutes
7 hours 40 mins
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
48 oz. jar chunky pasta sauce
8 oz. can tomato sauce
14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 lb. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
16 oz. cottage cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 lb. pkg. Lasagna pasta
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef with chopped onions and garlic (about 5 minutes).
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Drain grease from beef.
4. Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and water. Simmer 10 - 15 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, parsley, and mozzarella cheese.
6. In a 5-6 quart crock pot, cover bottom with 1 cup of the beef sauce. Then add a layer of lasagna pasta. Cover this with a layer of the cheese mixture.
7. Repeat layers of beef sauce, pasta and cheese mixture to fill crock pot 3/4 full.
8. Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours - DO NOT STIR.
9. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Share on Facebook
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE
MISC. & HOLIDAY RECIPES