July 22, 2014
The only effort involved in making this Crock-Pot beef goulash is chopping up a few vegetables. Toss 'em in the Crock-Pot with the stew meat and let it do all the work.
Watch the vegetables after a few hours and if they are fully done, remove until the meat is cooked. Add the vegetables back for the last few minutes of cooking just to heat.
Crock-Pot Beef Goulash
8 hours 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups diced peeled baking potato
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup slices carrot (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) can beef broth
1. Combine flour and beef in a medium bowl; toss well.
2. Transfer beef to a slow cooker and add all of the remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.