YOU ARE HERE:
CROCKPOT CHICKEN ADOBO RECIPE
This is a traditional Filipino dish that is seldom cooked with a slow cooker in the Philippines. Use of a Crock-Pot in this recipe brings all the slow cooker benefits to this yummy chicken delight.
Crock-Pot Chicken Adobo
8 hours 20 mins
1 chicken (fryer 3-4 lbs.), skinned and cut into serving pieces
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup cold chicken stock
Green onions for garnish, chopped
1. Place the chicken pieces in the Crock-Pot. Add the garlic, bay leaves, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, peppercorns and brown sugar. Toss to coat.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold chicken stock together. Pour over chicken and mix gently.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours (until chicken is cooked through). Remove the chicken from the Crock-Pot and keep warm in the oven set on low.
4. Pour the remaining liquid from the Crock-Pot in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until reduced by half. Pour over warm chicken.
5. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE
MISC. & HOLIDAY RECIPES