July 22, 2014
This recipe uses a store bought brownie mix but we've enhanced it a little and cooked it in our crock pot instead of the oven.
Crock-Pot Walnut Brownies
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 40 mins
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (Canola)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 package brownie mix
1. In a large bowl, mix butter, oil, sugar, water and cocoa until cocoa is well dissolved.
2. Add eggs, brownie mix and walnuts. Beat until smooth.
3. Grease the inner stoneware of your crock pot and pour in batter.
4. Cover crock pot; set to high and cook 90 minutes. Turn off heat and let brownies sit inside crock pot for another 30 minutes before cutting.