Beef Roast Recipe
July 22, 2014
You can add practically any vegetable you like to this dish, however, be aware that most vegetables will cook long before the meat is done. Watch the vegetables after they have been cooking about an hour. If the carrots and potatoes are cooked before the meat is tender, remove them and add them back in the crock pot the last 10 minutes of cooking (just to warm them).
Crock-Pot Beef Roast
6 hours 5 minutes
6 hours 25 mins
Yield: 4+ servings
- 2-3 lbs. boneless chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup flour, divided (step 1 and 7)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups beer
- 4 medium carrots, cut in 2" lengths
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup green peas
1. Coat beef cubes with the 1/2 cup flour.
2. Brown beef cubes in a skillet with melted butter (about 5 minutes). Drain off excess fat.
3. In a Crock-Pot, combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and beer.
4. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
5. Place carrots and potatoes in Crock-Pot.
6. Continue cooking until meat and vegetables are tender (additional 1-2 hours). If vegetables are cooked before meat is tender, remove them and add back in step 7.
7. When meat is tender, turn Crock-Pot control to high. Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount of hot water. Stir into meat mixture and cook on high 30-40 minutes. Add green peas and any other vegetables removed in step 6 back in the Crock-Pot the last 15 minutes of cooking.
8. Serve with rice and salad.