July 22, 2014
This very traditional Cajun dish is easy to make in a Crock-Pot. We use red beans but you can use any other type beans you favor.
Crock-Pot Cajun Beans and Rice
7 hours 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- Hot cooked rice
- Sliced green onions for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients except rice and green onions in a slow cooker.
2. Cook, covered, on HIGH 7 hours or until beans are tender.
3. Serve with hot cooked rice. Garnish with sliced green onions.