YOU ARE HERE:
Pulled Pork Recipe
CROCKPOT BBQ PULLED PORK RECIPE
This recipe takes a while to make but it is so good! You can freeze left over's for later use. Just heat in the microwave for a few minutes.
Crock-Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
10 hours 5 minutes
10 hours 25 mins
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon peppercorns
1 teaspoon salt
1 Cup chili sauce
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
3 pound boneless pork shoulder, fat trimmed off
1. In a large sauce pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, cook until soft but not browned (3-5 minutes).
2. Add garlic, chili powder and liquid smoke. Cook, stirring, one minute.
3. Add chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat.
4. Place pork in Crock-Pot. Pour sauce from sauce pan over top of pork. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until pork is falling apart tender.
5. Transfer meat to cutting board and shred.
6. Return shredded meat to crock pot and stir to coat in sauce while re-heating for 5 minutes.
SOUTHERN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BISCUITS
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CORNBREAD
HOW TO CURE CAST IRON COOKWARE
MISC. & HOLIDAY RECIPES