July 12, 2014
Very simple recipe for a yummy Apple Brown Betty made in the crock pot.
Any type apple can be used but the best apples for cooking are Fuji, Granny Smith and Tome Beauty. One pound of apples is about 2 large or 3 medium or 3-4 small apples.
Crockpot Apple Brown Betty
4 hours 20 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 lbs. cooking apples
- 10 slices of bread, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Wash apples, peel, core, cut into eighths; place in the bottom of crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine bread cubes, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, butter; toss together. Place on top of apples in crock.
3. Cook on low setting 2 to 4 hours.