Chocoleate Pie Recipe
If you are good working with pastry you can make your own pie shell for this recipe. Or a store bought pre-made pie crust works O.K. The filling resembles a pecan pie but with a delightful chocolate chip base. A very decadent desert.
Pecan Bourbon Chocolate Pie
1 hour 10 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 medium eggs or 2 extra large
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 ounces bourbon (optional)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover bottom of pie shell with chocolate chips.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl combine eggs, sour cream, corn syrup, sugar, salt, vanilla, and bourbon. Mix well until smooth. It is important to mix very well in this step or the pie may not set when baked (will not be firm).
4. Add the pecans to the mixture and stir. Pour batter into the pie shell on top of the chocolate chips (already on bottom of pie shell).
5. Place in preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
6. Allow pie to cool completely before slicing.