Chicken Salad Recipe
June 22, 2013
It's just too good to be this easy. Th kids love this chicken salad in a sandwich or as a stand alone salad.
Makes two big sandwiches or two small salads.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. Place chicken and onion (not green onion) in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and onion and refrigerate until cool.
3. Make a sauce by placing cooked onion (from step 1), mayonnaise, paprika, salt and pepper into a blender or food processor and blend a few seconds until well mixed.
4. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Add chopped green onions and walnuts and stir.
5. Pour sauce over chicken mix and stir well. Add additional mayonnaise if needed to obtain desired consistency.
6. Serve as a sandwich or as a salad on a bed of lettuce.